The college is committed to ensure a peaceful campus wherein there is respect for fellow students, regard for teachers, and adherence to rules and compliance with code of conduct. Students have been advised through various interventionists programs to refrain themselves from activities which may amount to ragging. The college has formed a committee exclusively for the purpose of preventing instances of ragging and educating the students about the nature and consequences of the act called ragging. The college, in compliance with the directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India vide its order dated 16.05.2007, has been implementing the rules and regulations for prevention of Ragging.
- Ragging is broadly defined as any act that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of a student. It also includes exploiting the services of a junior student for completing the academic task assigned to an individual or a group of seniors. It has several aspects such as psychological, social, political, economic, cultural and academic dimensions.
- Ragging also includes teasing others for fun or poking at others by using words of abuse or insults which may damage an individual’s sense of self-worth.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a junior student by senior students may also be called an aspect of ragging.
- Any act of physical abuse including acts related to sexual abuse, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person can also be called ragging.
- Any act of abuse by spoken words, emails, blogs, public insults should also be considered ragging.
- From human rights perspective, any attempt made to cause damage to life, dignity, self-respect or any other act which threatens the life and dignity of the individuals may also be called an act of ragging.
|Sl. No.||Name||Position (Chairman / Member)||Category||Present Designation / Occupation|
|1||Dr. Mrs. R.C. Vasuki||Chairman||Principal||Principal|
|2||Mrs. Waheeda||Member||Official of NGO||Hon. District Secretary|
|3||Dr. Mrs. R. Aruna Jothi||Member||Head, Department of Tamil||Head, Department of Tamil|
|4||Mrs. A. Ayisha||Member||Asst. Professor, Department of Commerce||Asst. Professor, Department of Commerce|
|5||M.A. Hasen Abdul||Member||Representatives of parents||Fother of H.A. Rabina I B.Com|
|6||Ummul Jawahira Y.M.||Member||Representatives of Students||II BBA|
|7||Mrs.Daisy Beulah||Member||Representatives Non-Teaching||Office Superintendent|
P. Golda Angelina, III B.Sc Phy
Chairperson, College Students’ Union
V. Ajeka, III B.A Eng
Secretary, College Students’ Union