Wavoo Wajeeha Women’s College was founded in the year 2006 by Alhaj. Wavoo. S. Seyed Abdur Rahman under Wavoo SAR Educational Trust. Its primary objective is to provide higher education to the girls in the rural area without any discrimination of caste, creed and religion, bringing out their inherent abilities to make them highly qualified, morally sound, socially disciplined and technically competent individuals.
Teaching being the mission, we have taken efforts to form a team of faculty members who are well qualified, experienced and dedicated. Students have the unique opportunity to learn from professors drawn from various colleges who address them most frequently.
Persuading the students to dream big and helping them realize their dreams would definitely help the college carve out a niche for itself. And, of course opening up new vistas of educational activities by the Trust is on the cards.
Opportunities have been provided by introducing student services which contribute towards the development of integrated personality of the students from rural areas.
May Allah help us achieve the goals envisaged and the students carve out a good future for themselves.
- Ragging is broadly defined as any act that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of a student. It also includes exploiting the services of a junior student for completing the academic task assigned to an individual or a group of seniors. It has several aspects such as psychological, social, political, economic, cultural and academic dimensions.
- Ragging also includes teasing others for fun or poking at others by using words of abuse or insults which may damage an individual’s sense of self-worth.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a junior student by senior students may also be called an aspect of ragging.
- Any act of physical abuse including acts related to sexual abuse, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person can also be called ragging.
- Any act of abuse by spoken words, emails, blogs, public insults should also be considered ragging.
- From human rights perspective, any attempt made to cause damage to life, dignity, self-respect or any other act which threatens the life and dignity of the individuals may also be called an act of ragging.